While motorcycle helmet thieving is not common, it is still something that occurs. To be able to avoid coping with this issue, it is a fantastic idea to spend in the very best motorcycle helmet lock. These are locks made to stop your helmet from becoming discharged when you are not in the vision of your motorcycle.
Locking up your helmet is a fantastic idea whether you are going for a brief walk, picking up groceries, or spending the afternoon on the job. It is a hassle having to carry your helmet anyplace. Using a lock you may rest assured knowing it is fastened to your motorcycle.
You do not need to be concerned about everything to do with your helmet however as long as you’ve got the best motorcycle helmet lock. With this tool, you may safely – and handily – keep the helmet with your motorcycle. In this guide, we are going to help locate the perfect manner to lock you.
In this informative article, we will have a peek at the best motorcycle helmet locks that are available to you. In the long run, there is a buyer’s manual to make the purchasing process even simpler.
- Different Types of Helmet Lock
- List of 17 Best Motorcycle Helmet Lock Reviews in 2021
- 1. Abus Granit Steel-O-Flex Armor Key Bicycle Lock
- 2. Motorcycle Helmet Lock & Cable
- 3. Kuryakyn 4248 Motorcycle Helmet Security Lock with Mount
- 4. Kuryakyn 4232 Motorcycle Tamper-Proof Helmet Security Lock
- 5. Bikers Choice Helmet Lock 74937S2
- 6. Lockstraps 801 Locking Carabiner
- 7. Helmetlok 4104 Carabiner Style Helmet Lock and Extension
- 8. E-Bro Universal Helmet Lock
- 9. Helmetlok 4101 Rubberized
- 10. Lockstraps 901 Helmet Lock
- 11. Little World Motorcycle Helmet Lock & Cable
- 12. OnGuard Double-Team PITBULL U-Lock and Cable
- 13. Kryptonite Kryptoflex 1565 Combo Cable Bicycle
- 14. Master Lock Motorcycle Helmet Lock
- 15. Master Lock – (1) Python Adjustable Cable Lock
- 16. Master Lock Motorcycle Helmet/Jacket
- 17. DDSKY Motorcycle Helmet Lock
- Buying Guide for the Best Motorcycle Helmet Lock
Different Types of Helmet Lock
Broadly speaking there are two sorts of helmet locks, Strong locks, and Cable base.
A cable kind of helmet lock is going to have a fundamental locking cylinder that connects in some way into a flexible cable. The cable is constructed from metal, usually metal. In addition, it can have a coating or outer coating of some sort to protect the cable from water or rust damage. These kinds of locks are often quite simple to use since it is possible to pull the cable through your helmet and about the motorcycle frame to get a rapid and effortless lockdown. On the downside, they may be a little heavier.
These kinds of locks won’t have an elastic section. Rather, they will most likely be a good metal ring or D silhouette structure with a lockable opening. They’re small, mobile, and incredibly stable. They are sometimes a bit more difficult to attach the motorcycle helmet also, as they’re not flexible at all.
Along with this, there’s also the simple fact that a few locks are made to be set up on your motorcycle, whilst others you continue with you.
List of 17 Best Motorcycle Helmet Lock Reviews in 2021
1. Abus Granit Steel-O-Flex Armor Key Bicycle Lock
- For extra safety, we are moving onto mobile cable locks. Abus’ Steel-0-Flex includes a whopping 25mm braided steel cable finish with an integrated key locking method.
- A steel cable this thick will be impossible to cut with a knife and nearly impossible with a set of bolt cutters. Simply route the cable through your visor opening then attach to something strong like front forks or the rear subframe of your motorcycle.
- Waterproof and lightweight at 4.07 pounds (1.85 kg) means you don’t have any reason to depart this in your home. We rate this product as the best motorcycle helmet lock you may purchase. Offered in lengths of 39″ (850mm).
2. Motorcycle Helmet Lock & Cable
- First off, good business name, it seems just like a Harlem jazz group in the 1970s. Along with this, however, this really is a product using quite a few intriguing capabilities.
- To start the gate, let us admit that this is a cable and lock style motorcycle helmet lock. This layout is among the easiest to use of all of the lock layouts.
- Basically, the cable could be stretched out to create fastening the helmet pleasant and simple. In this example, the cable expands to an unbelievable 6 ft in length! This usually means you have loads of play at the cable to pull it into place.
3. Kuryakyn 4248 Motorcycle Helmet Security Lock with Mount
- The Kuryakyn 4248 Helmet Lock makes the most of a special design that is well-suited for motorcycle riders. This lock is intended to be connected to the rear of your license plate also supplies you with a readily accessible place to lock your helmet up.
- Together with the Kuryakyn 4248, there is no need to take care of any awkward wires or recall to bring anything with you. After upgrading to your plate you are always going to have the ability to lock up your helmet if you are not near the motorcycle.
- Utilizing the lock is straightforward. It is equipped with an important design locking mechanism that will be readily and immediately unlocked or locked. The locking set is not clear, which makes it much more difficult for someone to steal your own helmet. The lock is made from galvanized metal. It is weatherproof, easy to install, and made to fit on conventional motorcycle license plate frames.
- The Kuryakyn 4248 Motorcycle Helmet Locking Plate is our recommendation in case you’re trying to find a lock that you could readily attach straight to your motorcycle. The secure design, ease-of-use, and durable construct make this a fantastic alternative for the majority of riders.
4. Kuryakyn 4232 Motorcycle Tamper-Proof Helmet Security Lock
- This chrome helmet lock will mount onto any tubing in your motorcycle. It utilizes 2 tamper-proof screws to attach the lock. Additionally, it will come with two keys.
- This lock is low-profile, therefore it will not occupy a whole lot of space or be bulky in your motorcycle’s tubing. The chrome finish gives it a gorgeous appearance and will help it to blend in with the rest of your motorcycle.
- Sadly, this lock just fits a particular size of this tube. This usually means you will have to quantify your tube and purchase the ideal size, or so the lock will not get the job done correctly. The lock also needs both hands to unlock and lock, which is a pain.
5. Bikers Choice Helmet Lock 74937S2
- Biker’s Choice requires another path here in order to develop this lock that is most likely the best helmet lock for motorcycles that include loads of tubing.
- It is intended to easily match tubings involving 7/8 to 1-1/4 inches in dimension and also chrome-plated to fit in. The machine is for locking using a secret and the bundle includes all of the required installation hardware. You can theoretically put it on the bigger tube, however, this may indicate you want longer screws to the setup.
- One problem is that particular motorcycles simply don’t have stainless steel tubing, therefore this lock is simply not for them. The bundle incorporates tamper-proof screws, nevertheless, and this also enhances the system’s overall security.
6. Lockstraps 801 Locking Carabiner
- Not many items are more dependable at keeping things safe than the usual trusty carabiner. This Lockstrap is constructed from solid steel and ought to be exceedingly difficult to cut, in spite of a suitable watch or an angle grinder.
- As it is not actually a product that is specialized, it may be used for pretty much anything you will use a carabiner for, which gives it great flexibility. Additionally, it is self-contained since it does not take a vital as a result of the existence of a 3-digit combination lock which will give you 999 choices for potential combinations.
- Small and discreet (just large enough to fit in the palm of the hand) it does not need to remain connected to the motorcycle when not being used, and it could easily be carried in a pocket or bag compartment.
- Individuals who purchased it had been surprised by how tough it is and discovered it to be much stronger than the merchandise photographs will make one feel. Some users found it appropriate for anchoring small planes.
7. Helmetlok 4104 Carabiner Style Helmet Lock and Extension
- Possessing a little and user-friendly helmet lock a part of those aspects you want to mindfully when picking one. This one is really a carabiner-style helmet lock using a 4-digit cushioned pin lock mechanism.
- Therefore, that’s simple to use, made to be modest flexible with the capability to fit in a pocket or hang from a belt loop. You can readily go around with this little lock and use it everywhere on your motorcycle.
- Unlike other models which include a connected cable, this one simply has an expandable carabiner-style D-lock that’s simple to attach to the motorcycle.
- All you need to do would be to start the lock easily slide the carabiner via the helmet shackle, attach it to some acceptable portion of your motorcycle and then lock it. The key thing we must notice here is that this little lock isn’t a permanent attachment to some part of your motorcycle.
8. E-Bro Universal Helmet Lock
- This is a really compacted universal bracket lock and may mount with standard tools. This thing comprises a helmet rings lock that comes with a strong tubular lock.
- These goods generally include diameter tubing of 7/8″ into 1.25″. Additionally, it includes a chrome finish which will give it great looking facet on a yacht.
9. Helmetlok 4101 Rubberized
- Helmet lock 4101 Carabiner Style Helmet Lock includes a compact layout. It is not fixed on the motorcycle indefinitely which provides you the freedom to carry it with you if you are traveling.
- The lock is shaped just like a shackle so you can mount it onto any portion of the motorcycle. The lock consists of zinc alloy. The fantastic thing is it can not wear the helmet out since it’s a rubber coat.
- The lock is closed and started with a combination of any four digits. It’s possible to reset the digits whenever you desire. Aside from the helmet, the lock may be utilized on accessories.
10. Lockstraps 901 Helmet Lock
- This can be a strap appearance which may be used to lock additional equipment aside from the helmet. The Strap is really two feet and is enough to lock possessions. In addition to the strap is really robust and is composed of nylon.
- This sort of lock gives flexibility for the consumers to lock the majority of the motorcycle equipment together with a helmet. As an example, if you would like to lock your coat together with your helmet, then it is simple to do that. ( as revealed in the movie above). This also does not take a cable to lock items like coats.
11. Little World Motorcycle Helmet Lock & Cable
- If you are worried about not only having the ability to secure your motorcycle helmet, but you may easily connect it to your motorcycle, a cable lock is a thing to do.
- We enjoy this carabiner helmet lock in Small World because, as well as the broad mouth carabiner, there is a long coiled six-foot cable so you can connect your helmet to your motorcycle in a full variety of places.
- We like this really is really a three-digit tumbler lock, so that you don’t need to carry around keys. Just set your three-digit trap code and then hit the street.
- The easy lock layout makes this a flexible selection for a wide selection of motorcycles and is mobile so you can easily take it with you as you are on the street.
12. OnGuard Double-Team PITBULL U-Lock and Cable
- Should you like your helmet to come packed with useful features, the OnGuard Double-Team PITBULL U-Lock and Cable is for you. OnGuard has really considered every aspect of the way in which a client would use this particular lock in their own product design.
- Additionally, a co-molded crossbar cover along with a dual rubber-coated shackle stop damage to your motorcycle’s end. The PITBULL safeguards your motorcycle, your end, and also itself! OnGuard is so convinced in this lock which is backed by a lifetime guarantee, using an optional anti-theft insurance program.
- There are many features for this lock it’s easy to overlook that it is a lock, but we did not. A proprietary X4P Quattro Locking Mechanism provides four-sided protection using a double-bolt lock mechanism. The cable itself is a generous four toes but does not skimp on safety at 14mm in depth.
- If you’re searching for strong security, a fantastic pair of bonus features, as well as the ease of a key lock, then look no more. The OnGuard Double-Team PITBULL U-Lock and Cable is a super-secure lock with great amenities.
13. Kryptonite Kryptoflex 1565 Combo Cable Bicycle
- The last alternative is just another integrated cable and cable installment comprising a 4 digit combination lock. The steel braided cable is 15mm in diameter offering a fantastic degree of safety without the additional weight, weighing a grand total of 1.35 pounds (0.61 kg).
- Additionally, it only comes at a period of 25.5″ (650mm) so ideal for having the ability to connect your helmet into a good portion of your motorcycle without leaving a lot of surplus cable.
- No official safety rating was acquired, but for its cost, it gives a great deterrent and will resist lots of abuse prior to giving in. If you’re trying to find a cost-effective and flexible way to secure your motorcycle helmet, then the more Kryptonite Kryptoflex is definitely worth a look.
14. Master Lock Motorcycle Helmet Lock
- The following product to create our record is that this entry from Master Lock. It needs to be evident from the picture of this item, but that is easily among the easiest forms of helmet lock to create our record. It’s also the most economical.
- That does not mean though that you’re passing up too many attributes with this item though. The cable, as an instance, is of very good quality.
- It’s a metallic cable using 14 inches in length and 5mm in diameter. It’s thus that small bit smaller than some other choices on the market, but it has the power to become a dependable locking mechanism if you require it.
15. Master Lock – (1) Python Adjustable Cable Lock
- The Master Lock Cable Lock in case you’re trying to find a means to safely and easily secure your motorcycle helmet. This really is a 6-ft lengthy cable lock that may also be utilized for locking your motorcycle, jacket, tank bag, along with other equipment you are riding with.
- For safety, this locking cable is created of 3/8-inches diameter braided steel. It is coated with a protective plastic that helps to block your helmet or motorcycle from becoming scratched. The cable can also be adjustable based on your preferences.
- The locking device is built into the cable, and therefore you don’t need to think about leaving it in your home. It is rust-resistant providing you with the capacity to secure your equipment in all sorts of weather. Additionally, it includes two keys for easier accessibility.
- The lock is made from aluminum metal. It includes a tube shutter and was made to be pick-resistant for extra safety.
16. Master Lock Motorcycle Helmet/Jacket
- Cables, undoubtedly, make a number of the best motorcycle helmets out there on the market, so have a look at this bundle that provides you two motorcycle helmet lock-cables to the purchase price of one.
- Each cable is just 3 ft long, nevertheless, and this also pales compared to this 6-feet length of this BigPantha offer. The wires are also not coiled and stretchy like the BigPantha, but they also include their impressive capabilities.
- You receive a pair of braided steel wires for strength. They’re also included in a plastic coating to prevent scratches on your own motorcycle and helmet, plus they lock with a key-padlock using a laminated steel frame. Obviously, you could possibly keep the next cable, give it away, or perhaps use it to also secure your coat to the motorcycle also.
17. DDSKY Motorcycle Helmet Lock
- The stiff pieces of the DDSKY are completely made from zinc permit, for great durability and weather protection. It is made up of steel cable coil cable, a carabiner, and 2 connector loops. The coil can shut a circle together with all the carabiner which effectively provides you two distinct regions to attach items to.
- While not especially substantial when packaged, it may expand to 5 ft, giving you a lot of reach when utilized to secure luggage in addition to a truck or other similar applications. Like almost all other similar layouts, it uses a combination lock of 3 figures.
- While this can provide an additional measure of convenience, as you won’t be needing to keep an eye on a secret, it’s regarded as less reliable than a padlock, even though there are not any such problems linked with this specific solution, which also includes a lifetime manufacturer’s guarantee.
Buying Guide for the Best Motorcycle Helmet Lock
As there are a lot of different kinds of locks available on the current market, we know that finding the best one might be challenging. With this guide, you’ll learn what points to consider to have the ability to maximize your money:
The most significant matter to consider is the substance. Assess what the lock is constructed from. The very best product produced from high-quality substances.
Suitable materials are essential to make a lasting product that cannot be broken easily. After all, it’s the purpose of placing a lock on your equipment.
Your lock will also be subjected to various weather and other things from the surroundings. Remember that you ought to select the very best material that cannot be impacted by these several facets.
Your lock can also be subjected to rain (or plain water ). When acidic compounds, such as swimming, come in contact with compounds, like steel or iron, rust starts to form. Thus, be aware that the lock shouldn’t be manufactured from iron since this substance can corrode readily.
Ease of use
Obviously, you don’t wish to invest too much time simply to lock this motorcycle equipment securely. Thus, it’s crucial your lock is simple to use.
The ideal product generally has a manual publication that guides the consumer to prepare the lock speedily.
Another vital aspect to think about is, clearly, the sturdiness of this lock. In relation to the material utilized, the ideal merchandise is the one that may be lasting in several different extreme problems.
Your lock is going to be subjected to rain and intense heat so take this into consideration. By making certain that your lock is lasting, you save yourself from prospective extra costs. A fantastic lock doesn’t have to be replaced every now and then.
Coming to the conclusion of the motorcycle helmet locks inspection, you have seen all of the different offers on the market, including the easy and the more complex locks.
You have also seen the less expensive choices as well as the more expensive, premium supplies. It is left for you to select because it is just you who understand just what you want.
Since we’ve got different tastes and we make decisions otherwise. Considering all of the above-mentioned variables against the accessible helmet locks is consequently a wonderful factor in assisting you to find your very best motorcycle helmet lock for securing your helmet everywhere you’re.